2017. Ugh and Yay.
I’M ALIVE. I swear.
Let’s do a quick recap since it’s been so long. (What happened to my 2017 New Years resolution to be more active on here? I don’t know.)
1. I’ve been hard at work finishing up my next book. It’s called From Lukov with Love and it’s going through its final edit at the moment. The only things I’m willing to share right now are: it’s 150k words (the same length as Winnie). I don’t want to call it a romance-comedy because there are a lot of serious moments in the book, but it definitely isn’t Wait for It, for example. The closest thing I can describe it as, is a mix of WFI and Rhythm, if they had a baby it would be FLWL. I’m pretty crazy about it. I’m also terrified because the heroine is something else completely. She was the hardest character I think I’ve ever written. And I love her complicated-ass to pieces. I’ll write more about this book later in another post.
2. The audio for Dear Aaron went up in November, and it’s narrated by Callie Dalton and Teddy Hamilton. If you haven’t listened to it, it put the biggest smile on my face.
3. In 2017, I had signings in Orlando (someone stole my cash the first day, that was awesome), Berlin, Louisville, Las Vegas, and Manchester, UK. They were all amazing.
4. Wait for It was nominated for a Goodreads Choice Award in romance AND IT MADE IT TO THE FINAL ROUND. It didn’t win, but it came in sixth place behind five #1 New York Times bestselling authors and Lisa-fucking-Kleypas. It was an amazing achievement.
5. I launched a new webstore with a ton of really cool merchandise. You can see it on: http://marianazapata.threadless.com
6. Winnie was translated to German and I sold the rights to most of my other books to so many languages, it makes me teary-eyed just thinking about it.
7. I’m still trying to wade my way through months of emails, FB messages, and messenger stuff, so if you haven’t heard back from me, I’m so sorry but I promise I’m trying to get to everything I missed.
8. 2017 was not my year at all, but I survived and I’m here, and that’s all that matters, am I right?
I’ll be back soon with more information on my next book. If you haven’t joined my mailing list and are interested in possibly reading the first couple of chapters of Lukov, I would suggest you join it very soon. 😀